Effective September 1st, 2022
For any questions about this document, always feel free to reach out here.
This Policy applies to Personal Information that is Processed by Texas Wine Innovations, LLC in the course of our business, including on Texas Wine Innovations, LLC websites (each a "Site"), mobile applications, and other online, offline or in-store offerings (together with any and all future online and offline offerings operated by or on behalf of Texas Wine Innovations, LLC, the "Services"). "Personal Information" is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. All individuals whose responsibilities include the Processing of Personal Information on behalf of Texas Wine Innovations, LLC are expected to protect that data by adherence to this Policy. This Policy is intended to meet requirements globally, including those in North America, Europe, APAC, and other jurisdictions.
3. Types of personal information we collect and how we use it
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Texas Wine Innovations, LLC and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may collect Personal Information include: You may provide Personal Information directly to Texas Wine Innovations, LLC through interacting with the Services, participating in surveys, during events, and requesting products, Services, or information. As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below. We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
3.1. Types of personal information we collect
Texas Wine Innovations, LLC collects Personal Information regarding its current, prospective, and former clients, customers, users, visitors, guests, and Employees (collectively "Individuals").
- Communications with Us. We may also collect Personal Information from you such as email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our products and Services, register for a newsletter or loyalty program that we may offer from time to time, contact customer experience or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys or in-person interviews and focus groups. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys or interviews is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our products, Sites and/or services and in any manner consistent with the policies provided herein.
- Posting on the Site. We collect information you post through the Site. For example, when you interact with other users or the Site by posting a review or other materials, the Site will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any Personal Information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Site, such content will be considered "public" and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences. To the extent devices transmit location data through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals, we may also collect this data.
- Promotion and Giveaways. Occasionally we will partner with Third Parties on social media and online channels to sponsor giveaways and promotions. Terms and conditions will accompany each give Texas Wine Innovations, LLC and promotion, and it is the responsibility of all entrants to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies carefully. If you choose to share your information in order to participate in a give Texas Wine Innovations, LLC or promotion, your entry information may be shared with such Third Parties.
3.2. How Texas Wine Innovations, LLC uses your information
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including: To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested: Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Generally manage Individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Support the tracking and recovery of your Texas Wine Innovations, LLC and/or other products;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Texas Wine Innovations, LLC's Services;
- Allow you to register for events;
- Administrative Purposes: Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in Texas Wine Innovations, LLC's Services
- Develop new products and Services
- Ensure internal quality control
- Verify Individual identity
- Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on Texas Wine Innovations, LLC's Services and systems, and, in Texas Wine Innovations, LLC's discretion, changes to any Texas Wine Innovations, LLC policy
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer experience, or system maintenance
- Process payment for products or services purchased
- Process applications and transactions
- Comply with regulatory requirements, including collecting and using information relating to adverse effects you have experienced when using our products
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Marketing Texas Wine Innovations, LLC Products and Services: Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may provide you with these materials via online social platforms, websites, phone, text/SMS, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include: To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide Services to you and our sponsors;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or Otherwise with your consent.
You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 5&6 below.
- Research and Development: Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time, Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
- Direct Mail and Email: Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from Third Parties, may receive periodic emails, referral offers, newsletters, or mailings from us with information on Texas Wine Innovations, LLC's products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions in Section 5&6 below.
- Mobile Devices: Mobile Devices. From time to time, Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may provide Services that are specifically designed to be compatible and used on mobile devices. Texas Wine Innovations, LLC will collect certain information that your mobile device sends when you use such Services, like a device identifier, user settings and the operating system of your device. Mobile versions of Texas Wine Innovations, LLC's Services may require that users log in with an account. In such cases, information about use of mobile versions of the Services may be associated with user accounts. In addition, Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may enable Individuals to download an application, widget, or other tool that can be used on mobile or other computing devices. Some of these tools may store information on mobile or other devices. These tools may transmit Personal Information to Texas Wine Innovations, LLC to enable Individuals to access user accounts and to enable Texas Wine Innovations, LLC to track use of these tools. Some of these tools may enable users to email reports and other information from the tool. Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may use personal or non-identifiable information transmitted to Texas Wine Innovations, LLC to enhance these tools, to develop new tools, for quality improvement and as otherwise described in this Policy or in other notices Texas Wine Innovations, LLC provides.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information: Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Texas Wine Innovations, LLC's Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors' interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Texas Wine Innovations, LLC and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you. Information Submitted Via Services. You agree that Texas Wine Innovations, LLC is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. Texas Wine Innovations, LLC will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues: Texas Wine Innovations, LLC's Services may offer various tools and functionality. For example, Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may provide functionality on its Services that will allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by Texas Wine Innovations, LLC or any other Third Parties for any other purpose. Other Uses. Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
Cookies, pixels, tags, beacons, and analytics information
- Pixels, Tags, Beacons. A pixel (also known as tag, beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users' engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting and other providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. Google Analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit google.com/policies/privacy/partners. You can opt out of Google's collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement. If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
3.4. Third-party sites and social media platforms
The Site may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and Texas Wine Innovations, LLC does not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application that they interact with. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
The Site and our other Services may also contains links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by Third Parties for any number of purposes.
4. Onward Transfer
4.1. Information we share
We may share your information as described in this Policy (e.g., with our Third-Party service providers; to comply with legal obligations; to protect and defend our rights and property) or with your permission.
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer experience activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. Texas Wine Innovations, LLC has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Displaying to Other Users. The content you post to the Site may be displayed on the Site. Other users of the Site may be able to see some information about you, such as your name if you submit a review. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- Marketing. Through our Services, Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may allow Third-Party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with Third-Party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Texas Wine Innovations, LLC related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as "interest-based advertising" or "online behavioral advertising". We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 5&6 below.
- Disclosures to Product Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours', ours' or others' rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Texas Wine Innovations, LLC policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Away; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a "Transaction"), then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a Transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. Should a Transaction occur, Texas Wine Innovations, LLC will endeavor to direct the transferee to use Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the Policy in effect at the time such Personal Information was collected.
4.2. Data transfers
All Personal Information collected via or by Texas Wine Innovations, LLC may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, in the United States, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to Texas Wine Innovations, LLC, you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
5. Opt-Out (Right to Restrict Processing)
You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to Texas Wine Innovations, LLC's Processing of your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out to further Processing by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you opt-out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Sites and/or information from the advertisements on Third-Party websites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
5.2. Email and telephone communications
If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt-out of receiving future emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Note that you will continue to receive transaction-related emails regarding products or services you have purchased. We may also send you certain communications regarding Texas Wine Innovations, LLC and our Services and you will not be able to opt out of those communications (e.g., communications regarding updates to our Terms of Service or this Policy). We will provide opt-out notices to third parties who may contact you on our behalf in accordance with this Policy. While we will endeavor to ensure that you are removed from any such contact lists, we cannot guarantee that this will occur (for example, if your Information is provided to the third party through another advertiser whose communications you have elected to receive and not opted out).
We maintain telephone "do-not-call" and "do-not-mail" lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone, and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
5.3. Do Not Track
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
5.4. Cookies and interest-based advertising
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at networkadvertising.org, or youronlinechoices.eu and aboutads.info. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
6. Rights of access, rectification, and erasure
You may inquire as to whether Texas Wine Innovations, LLC is Processing Personal Information about you, request access to Personal Information, and ask that we correct, amend or delete your Personal Information where it is inaccurate. Where otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may send an email to email@example.com or use any of the methods set out in this Policy to request access to, receive (port), seek rectification, or request erasure of Personal Information held about you by Texas Wine Innovations, LLC. Such requests will be processed in line with local laws. Although Texas Wine Innovations, LLC makes good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which Texas Wine Innovations, LLC is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others' privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual's privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If Texas Wine Innovations, LLC determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, Texas Wine Innovations, LLC will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
7. Security of your information
Your Account information will be protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your Account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your Account. By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system's breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
Texas Wine Innovations, LLC retains the Personal Information we receive as described in this Policy for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, provide our products and services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
9. Children's privacy
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to children under the age of 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16). If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child's account. Due to the nature of our products, we will also take these steps for any account found or suspected to be held by an individual under the age of 21.
10. International orders
11. California privacy rights
If you are a California resident, please click here to learn more about your privacy rights.
12. Redress/compliance and accountability
If after reviewing this Policy, you would like to submit a request or you have any questions or privacy concerns, please contact us at email@example.com. Texas Wine Innovations, LLC will address your concerns and attempt to resolve any privacy issues in a timely manner.
13. Other rights and important information
- New Uses of Personal Information. Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt-out. Where consent of the Individual for the Processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, Texas Wine Innovations, LLC will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
13.2. California privacy rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the Third Parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. Texas Wine Innovations, LLC only shares Personal Information with Third Parties for their own marketing purposes as described herein or as you may consent.
The following capitalized terms shall have the meanings herein as set forth below. "Agent" means any Third Party that Processes Personal Information pursuant to the instructions of, and solely for, Texas Wine Innovations, LLC or to which Texas Wine Innovations, LLC discloses Personal Information for use on its behalf. "Employee" refers to any current, temporary, permanent, prospective or former employee, director, contractor, worker, or retiree of Texas Wine Innovations, LLC or its subsidiaries worldwide. "Personal Information" is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("Individual").
"Process" or "Processing" means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction. "Sensitive Data" or "Sensitive Personal Information" is a subset of Personal Information which, due to its nature, has been classified by law or by policy as deserving additional privacy and security protections. Sensitive Personal Information includes Personal Information regarding EU residents that is classified as a "Special Category of Personal Data" under EU law, which consists of the following data elements: (1) race or ethnic origin; (2) political opinions; (3) religious or philosophical beliefs; (4) trade union membership; (5) genetic data; (6) biometric data where Processed to uniquely identify a person; (6) health information; (7) sexual orientation or information about the Individual's sex life; or (8) information relating to the commission of a criminal offense.
"Third Party" is any company, natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or body other than the Individual, Texas Wine Innovations, LLC or Texas Wine Innovations, LLC's Agents.
This policy was last modified on September 1st, 2022.